The best year with Jin Shin Jyutsu. I used to think it was when I first discovered the art of Jin Shin Jyutsu. Then I thought it was when I had such a remarkable return to health. Then I thought it was when I completed my first stage of practitioner classes.
With my current level of awareness – March 2020 through now – has been the best year with Jin Shin Jyutsu. I realised my goal to have a full-time Jin Shin Jyutsu practice helping others. This has been a long path, with many steps.
9 years ago I first discovered the acupressure Art of Jin Shin Jyutsu. Back then I only wanted to feel better and have more vitality – a goal that has come true. I still remember contacting Majella Delaney a local JSJ practitioner. When I asked how it worked, she suggested I come for a session. Little did I know how that would change my life.
From the very start I could sense a difference, and over time I felt so much better. From the beginning, though, I was fascinated that using gentle touch can help our bodies return to health and vitality. My intense curiosity led me to my first class a few months later.
Nine years later, and many classes, studying, and practicing – I love this way of living my life and serving others. It gives added depth to my life, my understanding of the universe, and helps all my relationships.
I’m so grateful to everyone who has supported this ongoing adventure:
- the clients who share their time and trust with me.
- the other practitioners who share a love and curiosity about this philosophy, art and technique.
- the esteemed teachers (such as Majella Delaney) who share their knowledge, wisdom, and experience.
- my friends who encourage me and share a laugh on ‘those’ days.
- my family who support me and understand when I spend many hours practicing and studying Jin Shin Jyutsu.
- my Creator for the divine energy and harmony.
- Jiro Murai who rediscovered ancient Japanese wisdom and developed Jin Shin Jyutsu.
- Mary Burmeister who brought the gift of Jin Shin Jyutsu to the western world and further developed the philosophy, art and techniques.
I’m confident that the best year with Jin Shin Jyutsu is still in the making. This adventure keeps surprising me, healing me, and teaching me. I’m so grateful!