The Jin Shin Jyutsu Code of Ethics is an important part of my practice, as I serve my clients and practice this art. The following code of ethics, as issued by Jin Shin Jyutsu Inc., guides all practitioners us as we maintain the excellent standards that respect the art, the client and ourselves.
Jin Shin Jyutsu is light touch energy balancing art rooted in the tradition of reverence, integrity, intelligence, and discretion which, as our teacher, Mary Burmeister has told us, recognises the responsibility for usage of knowledge received is within each one (of us).
These guidelines are meant to represent that tradition in contemporary society given current expectations for delivering professional services. While expectations have moderated over the generations, the governing maxim has remained the same across time: do what is best for the client and do not allow personal interests to interfere with that charge.
The Jin Shin Jyutsu Practitioner:
- Recognises that one’s progress with Jin Shin Jyutsu Physio-Philosophy depends on complying with the art’s established procedures.
- Does not diagnose or offer medical advice as Jin Shin Jyutsu is not a substitute for regular medical attention by recognised medical authorities.
- Follows the laws, rules and regulations of their jurisdiction.
- Maintains the records necessary to provide maximum benefit to clients which may include medical history, session notes, and recommendations for self-help.
- Maintains a safe, hygienic session space that encourages relaxation and supports healing.
- Respects the client’s individuality and dignity and delivers service without regard to race, creed, ethnicity, sexual orientation or gender identification.
- Does not engage in sexual intimacy with clients or sexualise the client/practitioner relationship in any way.
- Ensures that the client is fully clothed during a session.
- Refers clients to other modalities/medical professionals when indicated.
- Offers no warranties, guarantees, or claims for successful outcomes.
- Maintains a lifelong learning approach to professional development and personal health which includes utilising Jin Shin Jyutsu self-help.
- Dresses appropriately according to community standards for professionals giving integrative modalities.
- Explains their training and background to clients.
- Maintains fees that are fair and clearly presented to clients prior to service delivery.
- Maintains client confidentiality, verbal, written and electronic.